Whatever you have in your rooms think first of the walls since they are that which makes your house and home, and if you do not make some sacrifices in their favor you will find your chambers have a kind of makeshift, lodging-house look about them€¦’ William Morris
Is wallpaper for walls only? Think again! The uses of wall coverings extend beyond just your living room and bedroom walls today. With textures and faux finishes available in leather, wood, natural veneer, jute etc., wall coverings can be pipped as replacements to traditional laminates or tiles!
We’ve come up with a few ideas and images of actual installations of wallpapers for home and offices being used in the not so traditional sense
1) Wallpaper your wardrobes or beds. Replace laminate with any texture in wallpaper. Besides the ease of installation, the option of changing the look of your wardrobe without breaking it down every 3-5 years is available. This is definitely a big plus!
2) Wallpapering in the kitchen! Is it possible? Yes, it is! The kitchen may be the most unlikely place to install wallpaper but the place presents several areas where it can be used without worrying about damage or maintenance. Kitchen cabinets, wall space above the wall cabinets as well as the kitchen dado above the counter are apt areas of application. To ensure that the wallpaper doesn’t get damaged above the counter, use toughened glass on studs to shield the wallpaper and the results are brilliant! Wallpaper provides an enormous visual punch in even small doses with pattern, color, and texture.
3) The top of a table top or desk or dining table. For further protection, one can either use a polyurethane coat or sandwich the wallpaper between glass or use a glass top.
4) One can wallpaper the back of their bookshelves before mounting the bookcase… a little wallpaper surprise!
5) Decorate your doors with natural texture wallpapers like natural veneer, cork, bamboo, mica etc. One can refurbish their existing doors as well to give a brand new look!
6) Use wallpaper as artwork! Frame a beautiful piece of exquisite textured wall coverings and make it a wall hanging instead of a installing a painting!
These are just a few innovative ideas that we’ve presented. Use your creativity and lateral thinking and explore other areas where wall coverings can be used besides just wallpaper for walls. Low maintenance and the option to change the look of furniture etc. without breakage is definitely a brilliant concept that is being adopted by several designers today when installing wallpapers for home and offices.
Article Source: this factual content has not been modified from the source. This content is syndicated news that can be used for your research, and we hope that it can help your productivity. This content is strictly for educational purposes and is not made for any kind of commercial purposes of this blog.